PENANGITES can expect more good news pertaining to the approval of housing maintenance projects by the Federal Government in the coming weeks.
Penang Local Government, Housing, Town and Country Planning Committee chairman Jagdeep Singh Deo said the state could anticipate more applications being approved by the Federal Government.
“So far, the Federal Government has approved 45 housing maintenance projects under the Housing Maintenance Programme (PPP) and Federal Malaysia Home Maintenance Fund (TPPM). The total cost is about RM18 million.
“We hope to hear more good news in the coming weeks.
“The people have decided to change the Federal Government in the last General Election and this is the example of that change.
“Now, we have a Federal Government that helps the people of Penang. In the past, we have been doing it on our own.
“To date, the state has approved 380 housing maintenance projects amounting to RM33.05 million. We will continue to assist public and eligible private housing schemes in their maintenance projects,” he said at the appreciation luncheon in Lavender Park today.
The residents of Lavender Park hosted the luncheon to thank Jagdeep, Jelutong MP RSN Rayer, and other assemblymen – Ong Ah Teong (Batu Lancang), Lim Siew Khim (Sungai Pinang) and Daniel Gooi (Pengkalan Kota) – for their help in replacing the water tank of their housing scheme.
The Penang government approved the project under the state’s Housing Maintenance Maximum 80% Fund (TPM80PP).
The state has agreed to pay 80% of the total cost of RM198,379; while the remaining 20% will be borne by the Joint Management Body (JMB) of Lavender Park.
Jagdeep said the project was one of the 380 housing maintenance projects that were being approved by the state.
Source: BULETIN MUTIARA (https://www.buletinmutiara.com/more-good-news-coming-says-jagdeep/)