If you are a qualified professional, Penang welcomes you to come join the workforce. To make it easier for you to work in Penang, The Ministry of Home Affairs, via the Immigration Department of Malaysia with the cooperation of Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad, will be accepting applications for the Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) starting from 1 April 2011.
Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T)
The Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) is an alternative to the Entry Permit, where the Residence Pass-Talent holder will enjoy same benefits as an Entry Permit holder. This includes being able to change employers without restriction. However, the holder of the RP-T will not be entitled to unlimited stay in the country. Further, unlike the Entry Permit, the RP-T does not provide for Permanent Resident status nor the right for citizenship of Malaysia.
The features of the RP-T include the following:
- Live and work in Malaysia for up to 10 years
- Have the flexibility to change employers without converting the pass
- Your spouse (legally married) and dependants under 18 years old are eligible for the RP-T Dependant Pass (RP-T DP)
- Your spouse (legally married) is eligible for the RP-T, and as such, can seek employment in Malaysia without the need to apply for an Employment Pass
Approval for RP-T is subjected to applicants meeting several criteria. The criteria include having relevant qualifications and experience related to the critical sectors identified under the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP). The implementation of the RP-T represents another value-added initiative by the Ministry of Home Affairs to ease the entry of top foreign talent and highly skilled professionals into the country. This initiative is also one of the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the Ministry of Home Affairs for 2011.
“Hey! Anak-anak Penang, Penangites, Penang Kia, where are you? Penang is calling !.” We wish to welcome you back from wherever you are. The Buzz is already crescendoing globally on Penang’s transformation into an international city, leading in capital investment and High end technological industries in Malaysia. Come home now and ride on this wave of success, while you play your part to help take Penang to the next level of excellence. With the worldwide Global Giants presence in Penang, in a holiday resort setting, you have the best opportunity to grow and have the best of what life has to offer.. Come home ! Now !
To further attract you to return to Penang, there are incentives which the include the Returning Expert Programme (REP).
Here are guidelines on your eligibility:
- A Malaysian citizen
- Currently residing outside of Malaysia and has been employed abroad continuously for at least 3 years at the time of application
- Has not earned employment income of any sort in Malaysia continuously for at least 3 years leading to the time of application
- Does not hold any outstanding scholarship bond or loan with the Malaysian Government and its agencies
Find out the full list of eligibility criteria here.
Build Your Careers In Penang
Make Penang Your Home
Reach Out To Global Talents Through Our Website